They had to show:
- a title that clearly says what they are writing about
- a goal that says what they want to achieve by the end
- materials needed
- a sequence of easy to follow steps (ordered correctly)
- use of bossy verbs (put, glue, cut...)
- use of time connectives (first, then, next, after...)
In pairs they worked together to follow their own procedure to make a catapult using ice-block sticks, plastic spoons, rubber bands, cardboard, tin foil, glue guns etc...
After they finished constructing their catapults, they had to decide whether or not they needed to revise and edit their procedural writing.
We ran out of time, but we will definitely be testing them some time next week!
Want to find out how to make your own catapult? - click here.